Friday, August 26, 2005

Finally!!

I am not even sure if this blog would be read by anyone in a very long time or on second thoughts, ever. But this, at the moment, seems to be the least of my problems. Now that I have a blog of my own (after spending a good 3 years reading others’ blogs – including (oh lord, forgive me) some belonging to politicians), I wonder if my life is (or ever would be) exciting enough to merit visiting this blog atleast twice in your (assuming this is being read by someone apart from me) lifetime.

Now that this has gotten me thinking, the real issue is not if my life is exciting – if at all I’ll be able to shake off my laziness to post my thoughts here at least once in a while. However, let me begin by assuming that I’ll be making many more posts and also hope against all logic that people like you (once again a huge assumption of someone else reading this) will actually enjoy reading it.

Ah, now that I have managed to fill up around 176 words in this post without making any sense, I think I’m ready to hit the blogging highway. By the way, did you notice all the comments in the brackets which actually helped me elongate sentences and make my first posting seem much bigger and verbose? Also, did you notice that in the previous sentence, I used “By the way” instead of the universally accepted “Btw”? Hmmmm, not bad, I would say, for a starter (greenhorn, if u like) (Unsurprisingly, the synonyms that MS Word throws up for a starter are “hors d'oeuvre”, “first course” and “appetizer”).

Let me keep this post short and set myself an agenda for the days to come. I’m currently stationed in Phoenix, USA (I absolutely love using the word “stationed” even though I have nothing to do with the armed forces…. Oops, here I digress again) and leading quite an active life. I have been “tubing” (watch out for the next post if you have no idea of what tubing is), skating, eating junk food (…oh yes, this can be very interesting too) and doing lots of other stuff which I intend on posting in the next few weeks. And every once in a while I’ll let you guys (there’s my assumption once again :) ) in on a few secrets about my life as well.

Here’s a quote to ponder over while you wait for my next post –

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” –G B Shaw

What a profound statement – we should religiously follow it for G B Shaw was a successful person – if not successful, he was atleast a very famous guy – and famous people are wise – but wait a minute – aren’t Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and Pamela Anderson famous people too (or is the word notorious??). Never mind, just go out there and do your own stuff. Come back for more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds, interesting just like your way of draggin and getting to the Point! But in the end the Point is that you DO MAKE YOUR POINT!

My Round about way of putting things :)

1:10 AM  
Blogger sidcruise said...

Well a decent post could have been better LOL,

Famous people are wise???? where did you get that from?

Will I be back, sure I ll ...lets see what dark secrets you are concealing .....

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home